Healthy looking skin starts from the inside out. Keep your skin in tip-top shape for your next trip to Anguilla by preparing a “Glowing Skin” juice – a collagen-boosting blend suggested by the health and wellness gurus at MindBodyGreen.
“Glowing Skin” Juice Break-down:
- Red cabbage, orange and lime are high in vitamin C which helps boost collagen, and powerful antioxidants, protecting cells from free radical damage.
- Beetroot contains zinc and copper which are vital for a healthy skin. Beetroot also helps cleanse and restore the liver, which is considered a primary detoxifying organ. Skin and liver health are closely connected.
- Ginger reduces inflammation and will help rid your face of redness or puffiness. Studies have shown that ginger contains pharmacological properties of non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. It also contains antioxidant properties, which help protect your cells from inflammation.
- Cucumbers are very hydrating, made up of 96 percent water, and provide a unique combination of ingredients. Hydration is vital for healthy soft supple skin. At the top of the phytonutrient list for cucumbers are its cucurbitacins, lignans, and flavonoids, which provide valuable antioxidant, anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer benefits.
- Carrots provide the skin with antioxidant beta-carotene – important for great skin. These delicious root vegetables also contain a wide variety of antioxidants and other health-supporting nutrients.
1/2 small red cabbage
1 medium beetroot
1 medium cucumber
1 large orange
2 inches of ginger
- Wash and prep the ingredients. Use organic ingredients if possible.
- Run all the ingredients, except citrus, though the juicer. Squeeze orange and lime using a citrus juicer or with your hands.
- Combine the juicer contents and the squeezed citrus juice in a glass.