Staying fit while traveling is often a challenge. The temptations to indulge, savor and temporarily forget our routines can make it hard to stick to our healthy regimens. But that doesn’t have to be the case when visiting the Caribbean.
There are plenty of island activities and adventures that support a healthy lifestyle. From aquatic experiences to group adventures or private classes, here are 10 healthy island activities for your next visit to Anguilla:
- NATURE WALKS: At just 17 miles long and three miles wide, it’s easy to plan a coast-to-coast hiking experience on Anguilla.
- YOGA AT ZEMI THAI HOUSE: Join us for early morning yoga under the ancient rice warehouse, accompanied by the sounds of water and nature.
- STAND-UP PADDLE BOARDING: Workout your core with stand-up paddle boarding on the beautiful Anguillan waters.
- BEACH VOLLEYBALL: Channel your inner Olympian with a few rounds of beach volleyball.
- BEACH BOOT CAMP: Enjoy a total-body fitness class on the beach, accompanied by an ocean view.
- TENNIS ACADEMY: Challenge your family to a tennis tournament on the court at Zemi Beach House, or pick up a few pointers from a pro. From July 1 – August 31, 2016, Zemi Beach House Resort will have a pro from the Jim Courier Tennis Academy in residence to provide free tennis tips to guests who seek to elevate their game.
- KAYAKING: Anguilla’s calm, clear waters are perfect for ocean kayaking.
- SNORKELING: Head out for an afternoon of snorkeling along the many reefs located right off the rose-colored beach. Check out some of the top spots to snorkel in Anguilla.
- BICYCLE TOURS: Exploring by bicycle offers access to remote and beautiful spots and allows you to freely stop and take in the scenery beyond the island’s paved pathways.
- KITE SURFING: Featuring some of the best and nicest sand beaches in the world for kite surfing, Anguilla boasts trade winds that blow year-round with an average of 12-18 knots (in other words, perfect kite surfing conditions).